Tuesday 14 July 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Chiu and Brett J Ogle.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Rag Doll by The 4 Seasons.
In UK It's All Over Now by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Scandal, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1964!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1964 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Barbara Chiu: Canton, China -- Canada table tennis player (1992, 96 Olympics - 33rd Place).
- Brett J Ogle: Paddington, Australia -- PGA golfer (1993 AT&T Pebble Beach).
- Jack Kay Jr: Montreal, Quebec -- Canadian Tour golfer (1991 Singapore Open).
- Kippei Shiina: Japanese actor.
- Igor Shpilband: Russian-American ice dancer and coach.
- Jacques Anquetil wins his 5th Tour de France
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Rag Doll
- Johnny Rivers - Memphis
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- The Dave Clark Five - Can't You See That She's Mine
- Stan Getz - The Girl From Ipanema
- Jan & Dean - The Little Old Lady (From Pasadena)
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying
- Roger Miller - Dang Me
- Millie Small - My Boy Lollipop
- The Impressions - Keep On Pushing
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?