Thursday 16 July 1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Rag Doll by The 4 Seasons.
In UK It's All Over Now by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Marnie, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1964!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1964 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Miguel Indurain: Spanish cyclist.
- Earl Jones: American runner, he set a new record of 1:43:74 on 6/19/1984 in the 800 meter race at the Olympic trials.
- Phil Hellmuth: American poker player.
- Melissa Monet: American porn actress director producer and screenwriter.
- Republicans convention selects Barry Goldwater as Presidential Candidate
- At the Republican National Convention in San Francisco, U.S. presidential nominee Barry Goldwater declares that quotextremism in the defense of liberty is no vicequot, and quotmoderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtuequot.
- Six days of race riots begin in Harlem.
- Judith Graham Pool publishes her discovery of cryoprecipitate, a substance that extends the lives of hemophiliacs around the world.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- The 4 Seasons - Rag Doll
- Johnny Rivers - Memphis
- Millie Small - My Boy Lollipop
- Jan & Dean - The Little Old Lady (From Pasadena)
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying
- The Dave Clark Five - Can't You See That She's Mine
- Stan Getz - The Girl From Ipanema
- Roger Miller - Dang Me
- The Impressions - Keep On Pushing
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?