Saturday 25 July 1964
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Rag Doll by The 4 Seasons.
In UK It's All Over Now by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Marnie, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1964!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1964 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Fiamma Izzo: Italian voice actress and soprano singer, best known for dubbing Jennifer Beals in "Flashdance," Minnie Driver in "The Phantom of the Opera" and the character of Smurfette in "The Smurfs.
- Jessica Adams: British astrological writer and novelist, a Sun-Sign columnist, journalist and best selling author.
- Jose Bautista: Bani, Dominican Republic -- Pitcher (SF Giants).
- Anne Applebaum: American journalist and author.
- Tony Granato: Downers Grove -- NHL left wing (LA Kings).
- Bob Simpson out for 311 at Old Trafford
- Race riot in Rochester, New York, USA.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Rag Doll
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- Johnny Rivers - Memphis
- Stan Getz - The Girl From Ipanema
- Jan & Dean - The Little Old Lady (From Pasadena)
- The Dave Clark Five - Can't You See That She's Mine
- Roger Miller - Dang Me
- Dusty Springfield - Wishin' And Hopin'
- The Impressions - Keep On Pushing
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?