Wednesday 22 July 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Rag Doll by The 4 Seasons.
In UK It's All Over Now by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Marnie, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1964!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1964 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Oscar Giammarinaro: Italian singer, the frontman of the group Statuto since 1983.
- Bonnie Langford: British actress who started as a bubbly, precocious child star from the age of six, making her debut in the talent show, "Opportunity Knocks.
- Rafael Addison: American basketball player, a one-time forward for the Charlotte Hornets organization.
- Don Van Natta: Jr.
- John Leguizamo: Colombian actor.
- Adam Godley: English actor
- Teruyoshi Uchimura: Japanese comedian
- David Spade: American actor and comedian, one of the hot new writer-performers who emerged from the television comedy series, "Saturday Night Live," during the 1990s. Spade’s boyishness and eager-to-please expression are used to advantage by casting him in roles that play against his looks, and he quickly became a fan favorite after his role in "Coneheads," 1993.
- Steve Ballesteros wins the Britsh Golf Open.
- The second meeting of the Organization of African Unity is held.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- The 4 Seasons - Rag Doll
- Johnny Rivers - Memphis
- Jan & Dean - The Little Old Lady (From Pasadena)
- The Dave Clark Five - Can't You See That She's Mine
- Stan Getz - The Girl From Ipanema
- Dusty Springfield - Wishin' And Hopin'
- Roger Miller - Dang Me
- The Impressions - Keep On Pushing
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?