Wednesday 15 July 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leonard Stabb and Dion O'Neill.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Rag Doll by The 4 Seasons.
In UK It's All Over Now by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Marnie, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1964!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1964 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Leonard Stabb: Actor (Hunter Guthrie-One Life to Live, Guiding Light).
- Dion O'Neill: Australian newsfigure, a technology specialist who worked in private industry and played an instrumental role in the commercialisation of internet audio.
- Shari Headley: Soap Opera Actress.
- Marty Wright: Wrestler.
- Barry M Goldwater (Sen-R-Az) nominated for President by Republicans
- US Republican Senator for Arizona Barry M Goldwater nominated for US president by Republicans.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Rag Doll
- Johnny Rivers - Memphis
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- The Dave Clark Five - Can't You See That She's Mine
- Stan Getz - The Girl From Ipanema
- Jan & Dean - The Little Old Lady (From Pasadena)
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying
- Roger Miller - Dang Me
- Millie Small - My Boy Lollipop
- The Impressions - Keep On Pushing
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?