Friday 15 January 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Regina King in Los Angeles and LeShon Johnson.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.
In UK Grandad by Clive Dunn was in the top 5 hits.
Vanishing Point, directed by Richard C. Sarafian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Wheels by Arthur Haile was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dave Allen at Large.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1971!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1971 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Regina King in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Brenda Jenkins-227).
- LeShon Johnson: running back (Arizona Cardinals).
- Regina King: American actress, played the part of Ray Charles' lover and back-up girl-group singer in the 2004 movie biopic "Ray.
- John Dall: Actor (Corn is Green, Rope), dies of heart attack at 50.
- Ari opens at Mark Hellinger Theater NYC for 19 performances
- George Harrison releases My Sweet Lord
- Aswan Dam officially opens in Egypt.
- The Aswan High Dam officially opens in Egypt.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Bee Gees - Lonely Days
- King Floyd - Groove Me
- The Supremes - Stoned Love
- Barbra Streisand - Stoney End
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?