Monday 18 January 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Knock Three Times by Dawn.
In UK Grandad by Clive Dunn was in the top 5 hits.
Vanishing Point, directed by Richard C. Sarafian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1971!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1971 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Jonathan Davis: Rock Singer.
- Amy Barger: American astronomer.
- Christian Fittipaldi: Brazilian race car driver.
- Seamus O'Regan: Canadian journalist and politician.
- Fabian Ribauw: Nauruan politician.
- Josep Guardiola: Spanish footballer
- Andre Coleman: NFL wide receiver/kick returner (San Diego Chargers).
- Greg Engel: NFL center (San Diego Chargers).
- Pep Guardiola: Spanish footbal player, then football coach, since summer 2013 coach of Bayern München. Guardiola had played as a defensive midfielder and spent the majority of his playing career with FC Barcelona. He was part of Johan Cruyff's "dream team" that won Barcelona's first European Cup.
- Ivan Koloff beats Bruno Sammartino in New York, to become WWF champ.
- Strikes in Poland demand the resignation of Interior Minister Kazimierz Switala. He resigns January 23 and is replaced by Franciszek Szlachcic.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?