Wednesday 20 January 1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Knock Three Times by Dawn.
In UK Grandad by Clive Dunn was in the top 5 hits.
Vanishing Point, directed by Richard C. Sarafian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1971!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1971 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Andrei Skabelka: NHL forward (Belarus, Olympics - 1998).
- Karin Smith: Miss Minnesota USA (1996).
- Johnny Mitchell: NFL tight end (New York Jets).
- Ahmir ''Questlove'' Thompson: American drummer (The Roots).
- Gerard McDonnell: Irish mountaineer (d. 2008).
- Gary Barlow: British singer, songwriter, bandleader and producer and five-time winner of the prestigious Ivor Novello prize.
- Cathy Marsal: French Cyclist, winner of the Junior world championship on-road, 1987, Double Junior world championship [road and pursuit] 1988. She took second place in the Mondial de poursuite, 1987 and 1988. World champion on-road, 1990, Marsal was World team champion in the time trial event, 1991.
- Wakanohana : Japanese sumo wrestler, the older of two brothers who both became champions. He has the Ozeki rank, one grade less than his brother Takanohana, who is Yokozuna rank. Called the Waka-Taka brothers, they were raised in full sumo environment as their dad was a former tournament champion who had gained the rank of Ozeki. They wrestle out of their dad's stable and address him as Oyakata (boss, chief). Their uncle is also a wrestler with the rank of Yokozuna.
- Questlove : Drummer
- Brian Giles: American baseball player
- Derrick Green: American singer-songwriter (Sepultura)
- Wakanohana Masaru: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 66th Yokozuna
- Ger McDonnell: Irish mountaineer and engineer (d. 2008)
- Ard Schenk skates world record 1000m (1:18.8).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?