Monday 11 January 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Karmeeleyah McGill and Alexander Delgado in Palmerejo.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.
In UK Grandad by Clive Dunn was in the top 5 hits.
Vanishing Point, directed by Richard C. Sarafian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Wheels by Arthur Haile was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching All in the Family.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1971!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1971 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Karmeeleyah McGill: WLAF linebacker (Scottish Claymores).
- Alexander Delgado in Palmerejo: Venezuela; catcher (Boston Red Sox).
- Noah Cantor: Canadian Football League defensive tackle (Toronto Argonauts).
- Stephen Smith in Indianapolis: Indiana, USA; high jumper.
- Mary J Blige: American singer.
- Mary Blige: R&B Singer
- Chris Willsher: English singer-songwriter drummer and actor (Bus Station Loonies Oi Polloi and Disorder)
- 1st Quickie Divorce granted in the UK
- Tigers ace reliever John Hiller, 27, sufferes a heart attack, but later makes a remarkable comeback to record 38 saves
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 January 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Bee Gees - Lonely Days
- King Floyd - Groove Me
- The Supremes - Stoned Love
- Barbra Streisand - Stoney End
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?