Sunday 10 January 1971
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.
In UK Grandad by Clive Dunn was in the top 5 hits.
Vanishing Point, directed by Richard C. Sarafian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Wheels by Arthur Haile was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 1971!
Which were the important events of 10 January 1971 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
- Ana Bárbara: World Music Singer.
- Sergi Bruguera: in Italy; tennis star.
- Guylaine Cloutier in Levis: QuTbec, Canada; 100m breast stroke swimmer (Olympics-4-1992, 1996).
- Gabrielle "Coco": Chanel French fashion designer, dies at age 87.
- Light, Lively & Yiddish closes at Belasco Theater NYC after 87 performances
- Bollingen Prize for poetry awarded to Richard Wilbur.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
- The Supremes - Stoned Love
- Bee Gees - Lonely Days
- Barbra Streisand - Stoney End
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?