Friday 15 January 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Winter's Bone, directed by Debra Granik, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Going Rogue: An American Life by Sarah Palin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 2010!
Which were the important events of 15 January 2010 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 January
- The longest annular solar eclipse of the 3rd millennium occurs.
- Johnson Johnson recalls more than 53nbspmillion bottles of over-the-counter products, including Tylenol, Motrin and Rolaids, from the Americas, the United Arab Emirates and Fiji. (Reuters)
- President Faure Gnassingbé and national team captain Emmanuel Adebayor are among dignitaries to attend a funeral ceremony held in Lomé for the two football officials killed during the Togo national football team attack in Angola. (BBC)
- At least five people die and dozens are injured in Nairobi, Kenya, when police clash with protesters demanding the release of Jamaican Muslim cleric Abdullah al-Faisal. (Al Jazeera)
- President of Tunisia Zine El Abidine Ben Ali reshuffles his government, making 11 ministerial changes including the appointment of new finance, defence, tourism and foreign affairs ministers, and sends his condolences to Haiti. (Xinhua)
- Muslim fundamentalists kill two people, an army colonel and the military commander of Béjaïa in northern Algeria. (IOL)
- 23 security guards are detained after clashing over the care of a taxi rank in Sundumbili, KwaZulu-Natal. (IOL)
- Spain's government sees a video showing three aid workers who have been held hostage by Al-Qaeda in Mali since November 2009. (IOL)
- In the Kamsar area, north of Muzaffarabad, Kashmir, a Chinese road-building firm digs up a van containing 17 decomposed corpses which went missing during a 2005 earthquake. (BBC)
- Mr Gay China, said to be the first gay Chinese pageant, is shut down by police an hour before opening. (''Philippine Daily Inquirer'')
- Russia ratifies key European Court of Human Rights reform. Russia was the last of the 47 Council of Europe member-states to ratify Protocol 14. (RFERL)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?