Tuesday 26 January 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Frozen, directed by Adam Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching SciGirls.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Donkey Kong Country Returns or Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 2010!
Which were the important events of 26 January 2010 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 January
- Dutch auto group Spyker signs a deal to buy Sweden's Saab from General Motors for US$74 million in cash and $326 million in deferred shares.
- Authorities in Peru begin evacuating over 2,000 tourists stranded by heavy rains on Machu Picchu. (BBC)
- A French parliamentary report backs a partial ban on the wearing of burkhas by Muslim women. (CNN)
- The United States approves an arms sale to Taiwan, amid opposition from China. (Radio Taiwan International)
- Petelo Vikena, King of the Kingdom of Alo in Wallis and Futuna, abdicates after reports of vandalism and arson against royal property. (RNZI)
- James Cameron's ''Avatar'' becomes the highest-grossing film of all time (not accounting inflation), surpassing his 1997 ''Titanic''. (''New York Post'')
- Voters in Sri Lanka go to the polls in a presidential election. (Xinhua)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?