Wednesday 20 January 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Frozen, directed by Adam Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 2010!
Which were the important events of 20 January 2010 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 January
- Republican Scott Brown wins the vacated Senate seat in Massachusetts, reducing the Democrats' majority to 59 seats to the Republicans' 41.
- Russian journalist Konstantin Popov dies after being beaten by police in Tomsk, Siberia. (Reuters)
- Malaysian police arrest eight people in connection with a firebomb attack on a church, in a row over the use of the word ampquotAllahampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- Dutch politician Geert Wilders goes on trial for allegedly inciting racial hatred against Muslims. (CNN)
- The Nigerian Army regains control of the city of Jos after religious violence killed more than 200 people. (NEXT)
- Christopher Speight, an American man suspected of shooting and killing eight people in Appomattox, Virginia, surrenders to police. (BBC)
- U.S. investment bank JPMorgan Chase is in talks to buy natural gas firm RBS Sempra for about US$4 billion. (CNBC)
- A 6.1 magnitude aftershock rocks Haiti a week after the 2010 Haiti earthquake. (CBC)
- The Burmese Supreme Court announces it will return a verdict on the extended house arrest of Aung San Suu Kyi by next month. (AFP)
- Vietnamese human rights lawyer Le Cong Dinh is convicted on charges of subversion and sentenced to five years in prison. (''Bangkok Post'')
- The 2D version of the film ''Avatar'' is pulled from theaters in China. (''Malaysia Star'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?