Sunday 17 January 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Frozen, directed by Adam Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 2010!
Which were the important events of 17 January 2010 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 January
- Rioting begins between Muslim and Christian groups in Jos, Nigeria, resulting in at least 200 deaths.
- A teacher and a student from Chung Ling High School were killed and four others were missing in the dragon boat tragedy in Penang. The Star
- Computer modelling shows that the Pine Island Glacier and Thwaites Glacier, once described as a major ampquottipping pointampquot for the entire West Antarctic Ice Sheet in the embayment of the Amundsen Sea, has reached their own tipping points for eventual collapse, likely to lead to a sea level rise of up to 52 cm over the next century. New Scientist
- Aftermath of 2010 Haiti earthquake: Senegalese President Abdoulaye Wade offers ampquotvoluntary repatriationampquot to each of his Haitian ampquotsons and daughters of Africaampquot. (BBC)
- Iran suspends pilgrimages to holy sites in Saudi Arabia after it called on the Saudi religious police to stop their ampquotappalling behaviourampquot towards Iranian Shiite pilgrims. (''Ennahar'')
- Former Iraqi minister Ali Hassan al-Majid, also known as Chemical Ali, is sentenced to death for the Halabja poison gas attack. (Al Jazeera)
- Pope Benedict XVI makes a controversial visit to the Great Synagogue of Rome. (BBC)
- Ukrainian voters go to the polls to elect a new president. (BBC)
- Sebastián Piñera is elected President of Chile in the second round of the presidential election. (UPI)
- Former Northern Irish First Minister Peter Robinson, leader of the Democratic Unionist Party, tells ''The Sunday Times'' that the conduct of his wife, politician Iris Robinson, with her young lover has led him to shake hands with deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness (Sinn Féin) for the first time. (RTÉ)
- Prince William of Wales arrives in New Zealand for a three-day tour, including the opening of its new Supreme Court building, his first official overseas trip representing Elizabeth II. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- A U.S. drone attack kills 15 alleged militants in the Pakistani region of South Waziristan. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?