Thursday 17 June 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Maynard and Peter Fitzgerald.
A Day at the Races, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Wimbledon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1937!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1937 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Robert Maynard: American journalist who was the first black national correspondent with the Washington Post in 1967; within ten years he was a journalist of national stature as a reporter, editor and social critic.
- Peter Fitzgerald: Irish footballer and manager (d. 2013).
- Ted Nelson: American sociologist and philosopher.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?