Thursday 17 June 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Day at the Races, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1937!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1937 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Peter Fitzgerald: Irish footballer and manager (d. 2013).
- Ted Nelson: American sociologist and philosopher.
- Robert Maynard: American journalist who was the first black national correspondent with the Washington Post in 1967; within ten years he was a journalist of national stature as a reporter, editor and social critic.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?