Friday 15 June 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Forzani and Vance A Larson.
Ace in the Hole, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Racket Squad.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1951!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1951 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Tom Forzani: Canadian Football League wide receiver (Calgary Stampeders).
- Vance A Larson: American artist (d. 2000).
- John Redwood: British politician whose name was proposed as a replacement for John Major in mid-June 1995 when Major threatened to resign.
- Vance Larson: American painter (d. 2000).
- Alan Soper: STFC Senior Fellow at the ISIS neutron source.
- Steve Walsh: American singer-songwriter and keyboard player (Kansas and Streets)
- 1st coml electronic computer dedicated Philadelphia
- Joe Louis scores his last knock-out victory.
- July 1- In New Mexico, Arizona, California, Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia, thousands of acres of forests are destroyed in fires.
- Colombo Plan operations commence.
- Judy Garland opens the first of 14 concerts in Dublin, Ireland at the Theatre Royal.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I'm In Love Again - April Stevens (Henri Rene Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?