Saturday 30 June 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andy Scott and Stephen S Oswald.
Strangers on a Train, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Front Page Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1951!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1951 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Andy Scott: Rocker.
- Stephen S Oswald: Seattle, Washington -- Astronaut (STS 42, 56, 67).
- Geneviève Gambillon: French road and track cyclist racer, born in Hudimesnil, she won twice the road world championship, in 1972 and 74.
- Lilian Gonçalves: Brazilian owner of the club "Scandal," called the Queen of the Sao Paulo nightlife.
- Genevieve Gambillon: .
- Stanley Clarke: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Rock bassist (New Barbarians-Find Out Hideaway)
- Victor Borge Show, last airs on NBC-TV
- NAACP begins attack on school segregation and discrimination
- In the USA, NAACP begins attack on school segregation and discrimination.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?