Sunday 24 June 1951
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Strangers on a Train, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1951!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1951 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Ivar Formo: Norway -- 50K cross country skier (1976 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Raelene Boyle: Australia -- Sprinter (1972 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Leslie Cochran: American activist (d. 2012).
- David Rodigan: Germany-born British radio DJ and actor.
- Charles Sturridge: English director producer and screenwriter.
- Persian army takes over nationalized oil installations
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Because of You - Tony Bennett
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?