Saturday 23 June 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Strangers on a Train, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1951!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1951 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Michele Mouton: French racecar driver.
- Angelo Falcon: American political scientist, Latino community advocate.
- Dominique Khalfouni: French dancer, who entered the Paris Opera Ballet School at the age of nine, joined the corps de ballet when she was 16 and became the company's étoile (star) in 1976.
- Michèle Mouton: French former rally driver.
- Angelo Falcón: Puerto Rican-American political scientist and academic founded the National Institute for Latino Policy.
- Jim Metzler: American actor
- Armin Knab: German Composer (Wunderhorn), dies at 70.
- Most expensive US hailstorm (US$1.5 million crop damage and US$14 million property - Kansas).
- British diplomats Guy Burgess and Donald Maclean flee to USSR.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?