Thursday 15 March 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Franca Fehlauer in Hamburg and Boris Durdevic.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Killing Me Softly With His Song by Roberta Flack.
In UK Cum On Feel The Noize by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Crazies, directed by George A. Romero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lizzie Dripping.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1973!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1973 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Franca Fehlauer in Hamburg: Germany; golfer (Belgian International Jr champion 1991).
- Boris Durdevic: Croatian musician.
- Simon Piper: American homicide: an only child, he planned to kill his parents for their money.
- Robin Hunicke: American video game designer and producer.
- Lee Jung-jae: South Korean actor & model.
- Masayuki Naruse: Japanese wrestler and mixed martial artist
- In San Juan Capistrano, California, USA a building is hit by a falling meteorite.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Deliverance - Dueling Banjos
- The O'Jays - Love Train
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- Edward Bear - Last Song
- Dr. Hook - The Cover Of Rolling Stone
- Spinners - Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)
- Jermaine Jackson - Daddy's Home
- Anne Murray - Danny's Song
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?