Sunday 25 March 1973
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love Train by The O'Jays.
In UK Cum On Feel The Noize by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
Devil in Miss Jones, directed by Gerard Damiano, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Odessa File by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1973!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1973 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Anthony Barness: English footballer.
- Anders Friden: Swedish singer (In Flames).
- Ray Zellars: NFL fullback (New Orleans Saints).
- Andrei Nikolishin in Vorkuta: Russia; NHL center (Hartford Whalers).
- Michaela Dorfmeister: Austrian skier.
- Anders Fridén: Swedish singer-songwriter and producer (In Flames Passenger Dark Tranquillity and Ceremonial Oath)
- Bob Sura: NBA guard (Cleveland Cavaliers)
- Johannah Poulston: Family Member
- Edward Steichen: Luxembourgish-American painter and photographer (d. 1973).
- 27th Tony Awards: That Championship Season and Little Night Music win.
- Majid Khan and Mushtaq Mohammad both out for 99 in Test versus England.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- The O'Jays - Love Train
- Deliverance - Dueling Banjos
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- Edward Bear - Last Song
- Four Tops - Ain't No Woman (Like The One I've Got)
- The Stylistics - Break Up To Make Up
- Dr. Hook - The Cover Of Rolling Stone
- Anne Murray - Danny's Song
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 March 1973 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?