Sunday 4 March 1973
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jennifer Cole and Linus of Hollywood.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Killing Me Softly With His Song by Roberta Flack.
In UK Cum On Feel The Noize by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Long Goodbye, directed by Robert Altman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Upper Crusts.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1973!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1973 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Jennifer Cole: American model, actress and game show/talk show host.
- Linus of Hollywood: American rock and pop singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and record producer.
- Chandra Sekhar Yeleti: Tollywood film director.
- Michael McClain: Music Producer.
- Massimo Brambilla: Italian footballer and coach.
- Phillip Daniels: NFL defensive end (Seattle Seahawks).
- Sadik Harchaoui: Moroccan-Dutch civil servant and academic
- Valery Kobelev: Russian ski jumper
- Mark Lavine: West Indian cricketer (d. 2001)
- Penny Mordaunt: English politician
- Len Wiseman: American director producer and screenwriter
- Chandra Yeleti: Indian director and screenwriter
- Samuel Tolansky: British scientist and expert on spectroscopy (Born 1907).
- 15th Grammy Awards: "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face", America.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Deliverance - Dueling Banjos
- Edward Bear - Last Song
- Spinners - Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- The O'Jays - Love Train
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- Lobo - Don't Expect Me To Be Your Friend
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?