Tuesday 15 March 1988
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rebecca Moore and Chris Lent.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley.
In UK I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Frantic, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Bonfire Of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chelmsford 123.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alien Crush or Devastators.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1988!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1988 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Rebecca Moore: Miss Alabama USA.
- Chris Lent: American drummer and keyboardist.
- Lil Dicky: Rapper.
- Alex Goot: YouTube Star.
- Éver Guzmán: Mexican footballer.
- Maria Minerva: Estonian singer-songwriter and producer
- James Reimer: Canadian ice hockey player
- Jolo Revilla: Filipino actor and politician
- Alexander Sims: English racing driver
- NASA reports accelerated breakdown of ozone layer by chlorofluorocarbons.
- Eugene Marino of Atlanta, Georgia, USA appointed first African American archbishop.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
- Belinda Carlisle - I Get Weak
- George Michael - Father Figure
- Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror
- Richard Marx - Endless Summer Nights
- Patrick Swayze - She's Like The Wind
- Debbie Gibson - Out Of The Blue
- David Lee Roth - Just Like Paradise
- Keith Sweat - I Want Her
- Billy Ocean - Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?