Monday 21 March 1988
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lee Cattermole and Kateřina Čechová.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Man In The Mirror by Michael Jackson.
In UK I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Frantic, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Icarus Agenda by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chelmsford 123.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Erika to Satoru no Yume Bōken or Insector X.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 March 1988!
Which were the important events of 21 March 1988 ?
- Blessed Clementia of Hohenberg
- World Poetry Day - by UNESCO.
- St. Nicholas of Flue
- Astrology: First day of star sign Aries.
- China: Chunfen.
- Harmony Day in Australia.
- World Down Syndrome Day
- Earth Day.
- Ostara - Neopagan festival of Ostara.
- Bah�'f Faith - End of the 19-day sunrise-to-sunset.fast.
- Saints Philemon and Domnin
- The third day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Iranian New Year's Day (Norouz): (also celebrated in many other countries of Asia) Iranian calendar.
- Traditional date of vernal equinox, used for reckoning Easter. The real equinox usually occurs one day earlier.
- South Africa: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Benito Ju�rez Day, a Fiesta Patria in Mexico.
- Namibia: Independence Day.
- Japan: Vernal Equinox Day (public holiday).
- Egypt: Mother's Day
- New Year of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Lee Cattermole: English footballer.
- Kateřina Čechová: Czech sprinter.
- Erik Johnson: American ice hockey player.
- Eric Krüger: German sprinter.
- 23rd Academy of Country Music Awards: Randy Travis and Hank Williams Jr.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror
- Richard Marx - Endless Summer Nights
- Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
- Debbie Gibson - Out Of The Blue
- Billy Ocean - Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car
- Belinda Carlisle - I Get Weak
- Keith Sweat - I Want Her
- George Michael - Father Figure
- The Jets - Rocket 2 U
- Def Leppard - Hysteria
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?