Wednesday 16 April 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Paramount on Parade, directed by Dorothy Arzner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1930!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1930 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Frank Page: British broadcaster / actor (Hudson Hawk, Dark Dancer).
- John Robson: British ambassador (Norway).
- Herbie Mann in Brooklyn: New York, USA; jazz flute/sax (Just Wallin').
- Doug Beasy: Australian footballer and educator (d. 2013).
- Fyodor Bogdanovsky: Russian weightlifter (d. 2014).
- Herbie Mann: American flute player and composer (d. 2003)
- Jose Carlos Mariategui: Peruvian journalist, political philosopher and activist (Born 1894).
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?