Saturday 16 January 1965
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Come See About Me by The Supremes.
In UK Yeh Yeh by Georgie Fame was in the top 5 hits.
Time to Love, directed by Metin Erksan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Source by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1965!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1965 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Maxine Jones: American singer (En Vogue).
- Jill Sobule: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Delton Hall: American athlete, he played cornerback for the Pittsburgh Steelers (1987-1991) and San Diego Chargers (1992).
- Oh What a Lovely War closes at Broadhurst NYC after 125 performances
- Outer Limits last airs on ABC-TV
- AFL Pro Bowl: West beats East 38-14.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- Petula Clark - Downtown
- The Searchers - Love Potion Number Nine
- Marvin Gaye - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- The Larks - The Jerk
- Del Shannon - Keep Searchin' (We'll Follow The Sun)
- The Beatles - I Feel Fine
- The Supremes - Come See About Me
- Bobby Vinton - Mr. Lonely
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Goin' Out Of My Head
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 January 1965 and get them!