Wednesday 20 January 1965
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Downtown by Petula Clark.
In UK Yeh Yeh by Georgie Fame was in the top 5 hits.
How to Murder Your Wife, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1965!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1965 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Brad Brink US baseball pitcher (San Francisco Giants: Philadelphia Phillies).
- Greg Kriesel: American bassist (The Offspring).
- John Michael Montgomery: American singer.
- Colin Calderwood: Scottish footballer and manager.
- Sophie : The Countess of Wessex, the wife of Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex.
- Warren Joyce: English footballer and manager
- Greg K: American bass player (The Offspring)
- Heather Small: English singer-songwriter and actress (Hot House and M People)
- Anton Weissenbacher: Romanian footballer
- Sophie Rhys-Jones: British public relations executive who impressed the media when she began to largely spend her time with Prince Edward, the son of Queen Elizabeth II at his suite at Buckingham Palace. On 1/06/1999, they announced their engagement. The early-evening wedding ceremonies on 6/19/1999, attended by just 550 family members and close friends, was held well away from London's great cathedrals and with no official representation from foreign countries. The entire British royal family was in attendance, e
- Victoria Sellers: British actress, daughter of noted parents, actors Peter Sellers and Britt Eklund. Sellers appears in "Sex Tips with Heidi Fleiss" (2001) and other minor soft-porn films.
- John Montgomery: American Country-Western singer who debuted with "Life’s a Dance," 1992. Atlantic Records signed him in 1991, and within the successful release of his debut album, he soon had a major fan following. The release of 1994’s "Kickin’ It Up" established him as a major industry presence. In 1994, he was named ACM Top New Male Vocalist, and in 1996, he was nominated for a Grammy for Best Country Album and Best Male Vocalist. In 2000, he released "Brand New Me," his eighth album.
- Beatles appear on Shindig (ABC-TV)
- Byrds record Mr Tambourine Man
- Generalissimo Francisco Franco meets with Jewish representatives to discuss legitimizing Jewish communities in Spain
- JPL proposes modified Apollo flight to fly around Mars and return
- American Jet Propulsion Laboratory proposes modified Apollo flight to fly around Mars and return.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Petula Clark - Downtown
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- The Searchers - Love Potion Number Nine
- The Beatles - I Feel Fine
- The Supremes - Come See About Me
- Shirley Ellis - The Name Game
- Bobby Vinton - Mr. Lonely
- The Larks - The Jerk
- Marvin Gaye - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- Del Shannon - Keep Searchin' (We'll Follow The Sun)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?