Friday 16 June 1967
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Groovin' by The Young Rascals.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
The Dirty Dozen, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1967!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1967 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Jurgen Klopp: Soccer Player.
- Charalambos Andreou: Greek-Cypriot footballer.
- Jürgen Klopp: German footballer and manager.
- Reginald Denny: English stage, film, and television actor (Born 1891).
- 50,000 attend Monterey International Pop Festival.
- The Monterey Pop Festival begins and is held for 3 days.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- Aretha Franklin - Respect
- The Turtles - She'd Rather Be With Me
- Engelbert Humperdinck - Release Me (And Let Me Love Again)
- Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- The Association - Windy
- The Temptations - All I Need
- The Happenings - I Got Rhythm
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Mirage
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?