Friday 16 October 1936
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Charge of the Light Brigade, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1936!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1936 ?
- Peter Bowles: English actor and screenwriter.
- Andrei Chikatilo: Ukrainian-Russian serial killer (d. 1994).
- Mladen Koščak: Croatian footballer (d. 1997).
- Akira Machida: Japanese lawyer and judge 15th Chief Justice of Japan.
- Gerardo Gandini: Composer.
- Jack Baldschun: American baseball player, a pitcher for the Philadelphia and Cincinnati teams among others. He made his major league debut on April 28, 1961 and played his final game on August 21, 1970.
- Lou Gehrig, is voted AL MVP by BBWAA
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?