Monday 19 October 1936
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Charge of the Light Brigade, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1936!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1936 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Sylvia Browne: American professional psychic, gifted all her life and founder of Nirvana Foundation for Psychic Research in 1974.
- Johnetta Betsch Cole: Educator / President (Spellman College) / (Sen-D-KY).
- Tony Lo Bianco in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Ann Jillian Story, Hizzoner!).
- James Bevel: American civil rights activist (Born 1936).
- Tony Bianco: American actor and director.
- Lu Xun: Chinese author and critic (d. 1936).
- H.R. Ekins, reporter for the ''New York World-Telegram'', wins a race to travel around the world on commercial airline flights, beating out Dorothy Kilgallen of the ''New York Journal'' and Leo Kieran of the ''New York Times''. The flight takes 18½ days.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 October 1936 and get them!