Sunday 17 November 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Der Schatz, directed by Georg Wilhelm Pabst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1929 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bernard Dumontet: France Writer.
- Gorō Naya: Japanese actor and director (d. 2013).
- Norm Zauchin: American baseball player (Born 1929).
- Edgar White: United States -- Yachtsman (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Pieter A H Bos: Dutch lawyer / attorney General on Aruba.
- Sumner White: United States -- Yachtsman (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Herman Hollerith: German / US statistician (punch card), dies at 69.
- Pascual Ortiz Rubio elected President of Mexico
- Stalin throws Nicolai Bucharin out of Politburo
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?