Friday 1 November 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Taming of the Shrew, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1929 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Christian Bailly: Hesdin EXecutives.
- Nicholas Mavroules: U.
- Pierre Truche: French attorney and magistrate.
- Betsy Palmer in East Chicago: Indiana, USA; actress (Mr Roberts, Friday the 13th).
- Rudy [Herman R] Kousbroek: Literary (Leopold the Buch).
- Lundy, part of British Isles, issue their own stamps
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?