Saturday 17 October 1964
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dana Allman and Gregg Wallace.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann.
In UK Oh Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
My Fair Lady, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Butternut Square.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1964!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1964 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Dana Allman: American musician, the daughter of rocker Gregg Allman and an early marriage.
- Gregg Wallace: TV Show Host.
- Yanks fire Manager Yogi Berra
- Prime Minister of Australia Robert Menzies opens the artificial Lake Burley Griffin in the middle of the capital Canberra.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 October 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- Gale Garnett - We'll Sing In The Sunshine
- J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss
- The Shangri-Las - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)
- Chad Stuart and Jeremy Clyde - A Summer Song
- Gene Pitney - It Hurts To Be In Love
- The Beach Boys - When I Grow Up (To Be A Man)
- Betty Everett - Let It Be Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?