Monday 18 January 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
David and Bathsheba, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1954!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1954 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Fabio Guttuso: Italian heir with the death of the painter Renato Guttoso in 10/1986, as Guttoso had adopted him three months before his death.
- Ted DiBiase: Retired Professional Wrestler.
- Tom Bailey: English singer-songwriter (Thompson Twins International Observer and Bailey-Salgado Project).
- Jagdish Mali: Indian photographer (d. 2013).
- Kiki Smith: German-American sculptor and illustrator.
- Sydney Greenstreet: Actor (Conflict, Maltese Falcon), dies at 74.
- Fanfani forms Italian government.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 January 1954 and get them!