Sunday 18 June 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Joseph Julaud and Rod de'Ath.
The Gunfighter, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hawkins Falls: A Television Novel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1950!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1950 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Jean-Joseph Julaud: French teacher of literature and author of novels and books including "L'Histoire de France pour les Nuls" (The History of France for Dummies, 2004) and "La Littérature française pour les Nuls" (French Literature for Dummies, 2005).
- Rod de'Ath: Welsh drummer and producer (d. 2014).
- Annelie Ehrhardt: German DR, 100m hurdler (1972 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Mike Johanns: American lawyer and politician 28th United States Secretary of Agriculture.
- Jackie Leven: Scottish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Doll by Doll) (d. 2011).
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?