Thursday 8 June 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Kind Hearts and Coronets, directed by Robert Hamer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1950!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1950 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Sônia Braga: Brazilian actress who was on TV by 14, and then starred in a series of Brazilian soap operas.
- Kathy Whitton Baker in Midland: Texas, USA; actress (Right Stuff, Sixteen Candles).
- Kathy Baker: American actress.
- Sonia Braga: Brazilian actress.
- Elmar Oliveira in Waterbury: Connecticut, USA; violinist (Naumburg 1978).
- Boston Red Sox beat St. Louis Browns 29-4 (win by record 25 runs)
- Jean Duvieusart becomes Belgian Premier
- Sir Thomas Blamey becomes the only Australian-born Field Marshal in Australian history.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?