Friday 2 June 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include [Antone] Chubby Tavares and Toni Alessandrini.
Night and the City, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Armstrong Circle Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1950!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1950 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- [Antone] Chubby Tavares: Rocker (Tavares).
- Toni Alessandrini: Chicago, Illinois -- Actress (Vice Academy Part 2).
- John Mulligan: Scottish-American writer, the author of "Shopping Cart Soldiers," a autobiographical story about the inhumanity of war and its aftermath.
- Jonathan Evans: Welsh lawyer and politician.
- Joanna Gleason: Toronto, Ontario -- Actress (Morgan-Hello Larry).
- Anne Phillips: English theorist and academic
- Stanislas Bizot: French checker player (world champ 1925), dies at 70.
- St. Louis Browns pitcher Harry Dorish swipes home vs. Washingston Senators
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Kay Starr - Bonaparte's Retreat
- Count Every Star - Ray Anthony
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?