Saturday 18 June 1966
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Paint It, Black by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Strangers In The Night by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Born Free, directed by James Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1966!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1966 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Doug Bodger: Chemainus, British Columbia -- NHL defenseman (Team Canada, San Jose).
- Luke Jensen: Grayling, Michigan -- Tennis star (1993 French Open doubles).
- Robert Kempainen: Minneapolis, Minnesota -- Marathoner (1996 Olympics).
- Sandy Alomar: American baseball player, a second baseman for the Cleveland Indians.
- Troy Kemp: Bahamian high jumper.
- Cathy Fleury: French judoka, world champion in 1989 and olympic champion in 1992.
- Kurt Browning: Canadian athlete, the young Albertan who won the Men's World Figure Skating championship in the Spring of 1989. He performed his Gold Medal winning exhibition in Paris on 3/16/1989. Browning's performances are electric; he was the first skater in history to successfully perform the quadruple axel in competition.
- CIA chief William Raborn resigns Richard Helms becomes his successor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- Simon and Garfunkel - I Am A Rock
- Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- The Mindbenders - A Groovy Kind Of Love
- Robert Parker - Barefootin'
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Green Grass
- The Capitols - Cool Jerk
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?