Thursday 30 June 1966
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Strangers In The Night by Frank Sinatra.
In UK Strangers In The Night by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
The Sword of Doom, directed by Kihachi Okamoto, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1966!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1966 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Andrey Abduvaliyev: Tajikistani-Uzbekistani hammer thrower.
- Cheryl Bernard: Canadian curler.
- Marton Csokas: New Zealand actor.
- Wendy Davis: American actress and producer.
- Louie Aguiar: NFL punter (KC Chiefs).
- Christel Kozar: American astrologer and manager.
- Mike Tyson: American boxer, undisputed heavyweight champion 6/28/1985 following his first round knockout of previously unbeaten Michael Spinks in Atlantic City, NJ. Elusive, 5' 11", 220 lbs, and devastating in the ring, "Iron Mike" is as close to perfection as a fighter can be. He is estimated to be worth some $50 million.
- Giuseppe Farina: Italian Formula One driver, the winner of the first Formula One championship (Born 1906).
- Beatles land in Tokyo for a concert tour
- Leopoldville Congo is renamed Kinshasa
- Richath Helms, promoted from deputy director to 8th Director of CIA
- Vice Admiral William F Raborn Jr, USN, ends term as 7th Director of CIA
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- The Capitols - Cool Jerk
- Simon and Garfunkel - I Am A Rock
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- Robert Parker - Barefootin'
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?