Tuesday 18 October 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Reach Out I'll Be There by Four Tops.
In UK Distant Drums by Jim Reeves was in the top 5 hits.
The Fortune Cookie, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1966!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1966 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Dave Price: American journalist and game show host.
- Slavi Trifonov: Bulgarian actor and singer.
- Angela Visser: Dutch model and actress Miss Universe 1989.
- Alan Mills: Lakeland, Florida -- Pitcher (Baltimore Orioles).
- Denise Philbrick: LPGA golfer.
- Kristine Middeler: Felicity, Ohio -- WPVA volleyballer (US Open-13th - 1994)
- Guillaume De Tonquédec: French Breton stage and film actor, he began his career in "Three Colors Blue" (with Juliette Binoche). Since 2007, he has been starring in a successful French TV serie. In 2013, he won a Cesar for best supporting actor in "What's in the Name?".
- Jerod Swallow: American figure skater and Ice Dancer, partner of Elizabeth Punsalen
- Apple Tree opens at Shubert Theater NYC for 463 performances
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Cherish
- Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
- Johnny Rivers - Poor Side Of Town
- Herman's Hermits - Dandy
- Count Five - Psychotic Reaction
- The Left Banke - Walk Away Renee
- Jimmy Ruffin - What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted
- Eric Burdon and the Animals - See See Rider
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 October 1966 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?