Friday 28 May 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Dial M for Murder, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1954!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1954 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- George E Mahlberg astrophysicist: Mount Palomar/Mount Wilson California (1974-78).
- Franck Hammoutene: French architect who was president of 'L'Académie d'architecture' (The Academy of Architecture) between 2008 and 2014.
- Townsend Coleman: American voice actor.
- João de Oliveira: Brazilian jumper (d. 1999).
- Youri Egorov: Russian pianist and composer (d. 1988).
- Andy Hamilton: English actor director and screenwriter
- Charles Smith: English historian and academic
- Péter Szilágyi: Hungarian conductor and politician (d. 2013)
- John Tory: Canadian lawyer and politician 65th Mayor of Toronto
- Achille Longo: Composer, dies at 54.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?