Monday 19 January 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
In UK You Belong To Me by Jo Stafford was in the top 5 hits.
Niagara, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1953 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Desi Arnaz Jr in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Craig - Here's Lucy, Fakeout, Joyride).
- Desi Arnaz: American musician and actor, noted family as the second child and only son of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz.
- Linda Hayden: English actress.
- Richard Legendre: Canadian tennis player and politician.
- Wayne Schimmelbusch: Australian footballer and coach.
- Mike Jennings: American criminal, a habitual offender and terrorist who had been in and out of jail from 1973 when he was sentenced to ten years for burglary. The following year he was sentenced to an additional ten years in prison, this time for robbery. In 1981, his third theft offense netted him another 15 years behind bars. Five years later, Jennings was charged with burglary again plus two escape attempts. A conviction resulted in another 16 years sentence. In 1989 a combination of terrorism and assault w
- Michele Lupo: Italian homicide. He moved to London at 21. A gay sado-masochist, he was arrested 5/16/1986 for killing four homosexuals.
- Jesse Owens named Illinois Athletic Commission secretary.
- 68% of all television sets in the United States are tuned in to I Love Lucy to watch Lucy give birth.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 January 1953 and get them!