Tuesday 19 January 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
David and Bathsheba, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1954!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1954 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Thierry Jonquet: French writer who specialised in crime novels with political themes.
- Katey Sagal in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Peg Bundy - Married With Children).
- Steve DeBerg NFL quarterback (Denver Broncos: Kansas City Chiefs, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, San Francisco 49ers).
- Cindy Sherman: American photographer, a highly respected New Yorker who frequently presents herself as the subject and model of her photographs.
- Clifford Tabin: American geneticist and academic.
- Katharina Thalbach: German actress and film director
- Sally Amis: Welsh noted family member, the daughter of British writer, Kingsley Amis. She gave birth to a daughter, Catherine, when she was 24, who was given up for adoption at three months. Sally suffered a stroke at the age of 40 and died of an infection aged 46 on 8 November 2000.
- Katey Sagal: American actress, perhaps best known for her role as Peg in "Married with Children, " a long-running popular TV series (1987-1997). She played the role of Gemma Teller Morrow on the FX series Sons of Anarchy. Sagal is also known for voicing the character Leela on the animated science fiction series Futurama from 1999 to 2013.
- Theodor Kaluza: German mathematician and physicist (Born 1885).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 January 1954 and get them!