Tuesday 19 January 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Katey Sagal in Los Angeles and Steve DeBerg NFL quarterback (Denver Broncos.
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
David and Bathsheba, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stories of the Century.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1954!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1954 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Katey Sagal in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Peg Bundy - Married With Children).
- Steve DeBerg NFL quarterback (Denver Broncos: Kansas City Chiefs, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, San Francisco 49ers).
- Sally Amis: Welsh noted family member, the daughter of British writer, Kingsley Amis.
- Thierry Jonquet: French writer who specialised in crime novels with political themes.
- Katey Sagal: American actress, perhaps best known for her role as Peg in "Married with Children, " a long-running popular TV series (1987-1997).
- Cindy Sherman: American photographer, a highly respected New Yorker who frequently presents herself as the subject and model of her photographs. Rather than creating self-portraits per se, Cindy Sherman appears in disguise by wearing wigs and costumes, or she uses mannequin parts and props to create different identities. By thus showing various masks of femininity, she says, "I am trying to make people recognize something of themselves rather than me."
- Clifford Tabin: American geneticist and academic
- Katharina Thalbach: German actress and film director
- Theodor Kaluza: German mathematician and physicist (Born 1885).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 January 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?