Saturday 23 January 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
David and Bathsheba, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1954!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1954 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Franco De Vita in Caracas: Venezuela; Spanish singer (Extranjero).
- Edward Ka-spel: English singer / songwriter (Legendary Pink Dots).
- Rick Finch: Rocker (KC & Sunshine Band-Give It).
- Franco De Vita: Venezuelan singer-songwriter.
- Trevor Hohns: Australian cricketer.
- Fumiyo Kohinata: Japanese actor
- Marjie Wallace: American Beauty Queen who won the title of Miss World in 1973, but forfeited her title due to alleged romantic promiscuity. When she began her reign in 1974, embarrassed officials cut short her term in just 104 days, forcing her to resign and relinquish her title.
- Harry van Thorn chosen chairman of Dutch KVP.
- Longest undefeated streak in Toronto Maple Leaf history (18 games).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 January 1954 and get them!