Wednesday 20 January 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
David and Bathsheba, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1954!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1954 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Rudy La Scala: Venezuelan singer-songwriter and producer.
- Alison Seabeck: English lawyer and politician.
- Barbara Abramo: Portuguese astrologer, author of an astrological book on politics.
- Ken Page: American cabaret singer and actor.
- The General Motors' Motorama show goes on display at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York City. Chevrolet shows the Corvette Nomad prototype, with Corvette front and station wagon back. Chevrolet also shows a cherry red Corvair prototype, a two-seat fastback coupe with a Corvette front end. The name is a combination of "Corvette" and "Bel Air". Oldsmobile shows the F-88 two-seater convertible with fiberglass body. Pontiac shows the Bonneville Special, a two-seater with fiberglass body,
- -70 degrees F (-57 degrees C), Rogers Pass, Montana (state 48 record).
- The National Negro Network is established with 40 charter member radio stations.
- The U.S.-based National Negro Network is established with forty-six member radio stations.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 January 1954 and get them!