Thursday 21 January 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
David and Bathsheba, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1954!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1954 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Idrissa Ouedraogo: Burkinabé director producer and screenwriter.
- Phil Thompson: English footballer and coach.
- Billy Jenkins: Dies at 69.
- 1st gas turbine automobile exhibited (NYC)
- First gas turbine automobile exhibited (New York City, New York).
- First atomic submarine, USS Nautilus, launched on Thames River, christened by First Lady Mamie Eisenhower.
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?