Wednesday 19 July 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Furies, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1950!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1950 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Simon Cadell: English actor (Hi-Di-Hi, Pride & Extreme Prejudice).
- Per-Kristian Foss: Norwegian politician Norwegian Minister of Finance.
- Freddy Moore: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Adrian Noble: English director and screenwriter.
- Tom McLoughlin: American mime, actor, singer, film writer and director.
- French / Vietnamese offensive against Viet Minh
- New York Yanks obtain their 1st black players, Elston Howard and Frank Barnes
- Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical Summi maeroris
- RKO Radio Pictures releases Disney's first entirely live-action feature film, Treasure Island, to theaters in the USA. The film is based on the novel by Robert Louis Stevenson.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tony Martin - La Vie En Rose
- Tzena, Tzena, Tzena - Mitch Miller & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?