Thursday 19 May 1921
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Carmen, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1921.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1921!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1921 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Daniel Gélin: French actor and director, a writer and poet.
- Leslie Broderick: English lieutenant and pilot (d. 2013).
- Harry Brown: American colonel and pilot (d. 1991).
- Yuri Kochiyama: American civil rights activist.
- Karel van het Reve: Dutch writer, translator and literary historian (Born 1921).
- Lennie McPherson: Australian criminal known as "the Mr Big of Sydney crime." He developed and ran an underground network of criminals and is a convicted murderer, rapist and thief.
- William Stewart: American physician, a pediatrician who served as US Surgeon General from 1965-1969. He oversaw the implementation of Medicare and Medicaid and was an early cautionary voice against the perils of smoking.
- Daniel Gelin: French actor (Born 1921)
- Charles van: de Reve slavic (Belief of Kameraden).
- Congress sharply curbs immigration, setting a national quota system
- The U.S. Congress passes the Emergency Quota Act establishing national quotas on immigration.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Spread Yo' Stuff - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- Do You Ever Think of Me? - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Moonbeams - All-Star Trio
- Look for the Silver Lining - Charles Harrison & Edna Brown (Elsie Baker)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?