Thursday 19 May 1921
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles van and Daniel Gélin.
Carmen, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1921!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1921 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Charles van: de Reve slavic (Belief of Kameraden).
- Daniel Gélin: French actor and director, a writer and poet.
- Lennie McPherson: Australian criminal known as "the Mr Big of Sydney crime.
- William Stewart: American physician, a pediatrician who served as US Surgeon General from 1965-1969.
- Daniel Gelin: French actor (Born 1921).
- Leslie Broderick: English lieutenant and pilot (d. 2013)
- Harry Brown: American colonel and pilot (d. 1991)
- Yuri Kochiyama: American civil rights activist
- Karel van het Reve: Dutch writer, translator and literary historian (Born 1921)
- Congress sharply curbs immigration, setting a national quota system
- The U.S. Congress passes the Emergency Quota Act establishing national quotas on immigration.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 May 1921
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Spread Yo' Stuff - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- Do You Ever Think of Me? - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Moonbeams - All-Star Trio
- Look for the Silver Lining - Charles Harrison & Edna Brown (Elsie Baker)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?