Monday 23 May 1921
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Loren Tindall and James [Benjamin] Blish US/United Kingdom.
Carmen, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1921!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1921 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Loren Tindall: Oklahoma, United States -- Actor (Meet Me on Broadway, Girl of Limberlost).
- James [Benjamin] Blish US/United Kingdom: sci-fi author (Hugo, Star Trek Reader).
- Montague Modlyn: broadcaster.
- Sanderson Temple: circuit judge.
- James Blish: American book reviewer, editor and author of popular science fiction that includes "The Seedling Stars," 1956 and "Cities in Flight," 1969.
- Humphrey Lyttelton: British musician, a jazz trumpeter and band leader. In the last 36 years of his life, Lyttelton was known for his sharp dry wit (sometimes risque at a time when risque humor was rarely heard) and his sense of comic timing on the zany radio program, "I'm sorry I Haven't a Clue."
- Edna Skinner: American actress and singer (d. 2003)
- Shuffle Along 1st black musical comedy, opens in New York City
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 May 1921
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1921 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Make Believe - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?