Monday 23 May 1921
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Carmen, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1921.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1921!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1921 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Loren Tindall: Oklahoma, United States -- Actor (Meet Me on Broadway, Girl of Limberlost).
- James [Benjamin] Blish US/United Kingdom: sci-fi author (Hugo, Star Trek Reader).
- Montague Modlyn: broadcaster.
- Sanderson Temple: circuit judge.
- James Blish: American book reviewer, editor and author of popular science fiction that includes "The Seedling Stars," 1956 and "Cities in Flight," 1969.
- Humphrey Lyttelton: British musician, a jazz trumpeter and band leader. In the last 36 years of his life, Lyttelton was known for his sharp dry wit (sometimes risque at a time when risque humor was rarely heard) and his sense of comic timing on the zany radio program, "I'm sorry I Haven't a Clue."
- Edna Skinner: American actress and singer (d. 2003)
- Shuffle Along 1st black musical comedy, opens in New York City
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1921 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Make Believe - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?