Wednesday 25 May 1921
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Carmen, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1921!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1921 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Yvon Chotard: French publisher and trade unionist, the French representative of the International Labour Organization.
- Hal David: American songwriter and composer (d. 2012).
- Kitty Kallen: American singer and actress (d. 2016).
- Jack Steinberger: German-Swiss physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1921 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Make Believe - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1921?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?